Monday, January 12, 2009

Quiet News

I am watching the news on mute, which actually is about as informative and is less irritating. I can tell that a man wants the kidney he donated to his wife back, as they are divorcing. This is a story I really don't need the details on. A Boston firefighter who died in a ladder truck crash the other day, when the brakes failed, apparently will be buried soon. It's going to snow more this week and get very cold. Governor Patrick has something to say, and I am free to speculate on what that may be. There was a fire in Braintree today. Jim Rice has been elected to baseball's hall of fame. Fifty-nine cars were involved in a chain reaction collision in the snow in New Hampshire yesterday, and it appears I could listen to the 911 emergency call recordings if I wanted to turn the sound back on.

But I am not turning the sound on. I am happy enough to listen to my own interpretation of the news and to jot this down, as I do. We get a lot of auditory clutter throughout our days. It's kind of nice to have the click of keys on a keyboard be the only thing audible besides the tinnitus in my ears.  

No comments:

Post a Comment