Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Momentary Celebrity (Sort Of)


Ambushed by the local Fox News station, I stammer through a series of probing questions about the proposed hike in fares to ride the subway and/or bus in Boston. Oddly, I almost always walk to and from work . . . partly because I am cheap, but mostly so that I get some exercise. And, besides, I am lucky that my "commute" entails walking through Boston's Public Garden and across the Common, past the State House on Beacon Hill, and down past King's Chapel (a diminutive, stone edifice from the 18th century), before arriving at the late 20th century granite, steel, marble, and glass high-rise where I do what I do to pass the days and make a living.

MBTA riders face fare hikes as high as 43 percent: MyFoxBOSTON.com


No comments:

Post a Comment