Sunday, December 14, 2008

Neil Young . . . Keeping Rock and Roll Alive

I shared an inter-generational experience last night with my son and about 10,000 other people who hiked through the biting cold of downtown Worcester to see Neil Young and His Electric Band. It was worth the chattering teeth. 

At 63, Mr. Young seems as enthused (or maybe it's infused) by the music as he's ever been. He performed for two and a quarter hours without a pause, and I do think he'd have gone on for a good while longer if not circumscribed by modern arena-concert decorum. 

There are not many 60+ year old musicians who are appealing to both young and old. I think Neil is the best . . . personal preference, I know, but you have to see the man to understand why I feel this way.

And I urge anyone, who has a chance, to go see Neil Young perform. It will make you feel good. It will make you want to dance. It will make you wonder at what music can do for a roomful of souls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment